Leaders of The Next Generation
Indigenous leaders are facing increasingly complex challenges ranging from the absence of recognition of their indigenous territories; land grabs, violence, and the criminalisation of indigenous peoples; rapid changes to the social, cultural, ecological contexts; to the weakening of customary institutions and the uprooting of indigenous youth from their ancestral territories.
These challenges must be addressed, especially by indigenous peoples themselves, to realise a fair and sustainable life - a goal that has been lived by the ancestors. As future leaders, indigenous youth carry a great responsibility to continue the ideals of the ancestors in this new and rapidly changing context. Opportunities for young leaders to reflect and develop their strategies for future planning are all the more important at this time.
The 'Next Generation Indigenous Peoples Leadership Training' was one such opportunity. This training took place in Sungai Utik longhouse in March 2014. The training brought together over 20 young indigenous leaders from the Philippines and Indonesia including participants from Sungai Utik itself. The short film Leaders of The Next Generation is about this experience.
We help create unique trainings for indigenous youth, focused on awakening their calling to defend their territories and providing them with the skills to facilitate participatory processes grounded in their own cultures.
- LifeMosaic Resources
- COVID-19 and Indigenous Peoples
- Indigenous Education
- Self Determined Development
- Community Organising
- Women's Rights and Organising
- Land Rights
- Indigenous Languages
- Forests and Climate Change
- Livelihoods and Culture
- Mining and Oil
- Leadership and Governance
- Popular Education
- การเผชิญหน้ากับการสูญพันธุ์ และการปกป้องวิถีชีวิต (Thai)
- LANÇAMENTO DO FILME BRASIL : Enfrentando a Extinção, Defendendo a Vida
- Enfrentando la Extinción, Defendiendo la Vida (Español)
- Peluncuran video baru dalam Bahasa Indonesia : Menghadapi Kepunahan, Mempertahankan Kehidupan
- Panagsango iti panakapukaw, panangsalaknib iti biag (Ilocano)