Job Vacancy with LifeMosaic
This Vacancy is now Closed
Job Vacancy with LifeMosaic:
Financial and Administrative Coordinator
15 hours per week
6-month contract with likely extension dependant on funding
Based in Edinburgh (UK) or possible distance-working for the right candidate. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Applications must be received by 5th February 2018
Interview date – 7th February 2018
Start Date – 1st March 2018 (or by negotiation)
For more information: www.lifemosaic.net / email@example.com
To apply please send CV and completed application form (download here)
We are looking for a skilled Financial and Administrative Coordinator to join our small team. Your role will include managing all aspects of day-to-day financial management and administration. We are looking for a candidate who has experience in financial management, grant applications and management, excellent communication skills, and high computer literacy.
Working closely with the Director and the Board of Trustees, the post will cover:
- Manage and maintain financial record keeping, bookkeeping; banking, payroll and expenses - including working with a range of foreign currencies.
- Produce financial management information and prepare funding reports and budgets.
- Source, and make applications to grant funding bodies in keeping with the values and vision of LifeMosaic, to ensure long-term financial viability.
- Monitor expenditure and prepare and manage annual budgets and reports for the Executive Director, the board and funders; and annual accounts for OSCR.
Working with External Partners
- Foster good communications within the organisation and externally to the general public, our funders, partner agencies and other third parties.
- Negotiate and where required put in place Partnership Agreements or Funding Agreements with such external organisations as are required - ensuring value for money, maintaining effective relationships and delivery of the agreed level of service.
- Track our commitments to partners, funders.
- Administer social media and website;
- General office management including logistical support and film dissemination support.
- Ensure compliance with OSCR, Companies House and HMRC requirements.
Essential Experience and Skills
- minimum 3-years experience of financial management
- proven fundraising and fund management skills including experience in creating and managing budgets
- proven bookkeeping experience
- highly computer literate with excellent Excel skills
- committed to LifeMosaic’s work and values.
- highly organised and efficient, with excellent communication skills
- impeccable record of honesty and probity
- ability to be part of a long-distance team
Desirable Skills and Experience
- knowledge of VT Transaction+ and Moneysoft Payroll Manager software
- working in the charity sector or relevant field.
- project grant management
- experience in working with range of foreign currencies and with a wide range of stakeholders
- experience in managing websites and / or social media
- knowledge of Spanish, Indonesian or French
LifeMosaic is a registered charity which helps to build the capacity of indigenous peoples and local communities to protect their rights, cultures and territories and to determine their own futures. To advance this purpose we:
- Connect grassroots experiences across continents, sharing stories from the frontline of the social and environmental crises, and inspirational stories and strategies to build skills, hope and resilience.
- Share and nurture approaches to long-term visioning and self-determined development.
- Produce and share tools for empowerment to support local movements, organisers and facilitators in their awareness-raising and advocacy work with communities.
- Support the emergence of the next generation of indigenous leaders, with the calling, critical awareness, skills and love of their culture to defend and look after their territories.
- Create the conditions for leaders and communities to take informed action, and in turn to become catalysts: supporting others to take action; accelerating positive change; growing movements.