We are looking for an intern
The main objectives of this internship will be to support indigenous peoples movements in their struggle to enforce their rights to self-determination and preservation of their land and culture by providing them with tools and resources to assist them in making informed decisions about their futures. The work will support the large-scale distribution of a portfolio of LifeMosaic’s educational films on land rights, plantations, climate change, and community organising to thousands of indigenous communities in over 10 countries.
The successful intern will specifically concentrate on distributing LifeMosaic’s resources to groups in Africa and / or Latin America through social media, international networks, grassroots community organisations and more. Although the work will be desk-based, so will not involve any travel, the successful applicant will be in touch with indigenous peoples organisations from all around the world.
As a Distribution and Outreach Support Intern your main tasks will include:
• Researching and introducing appropriate social media tools to LifeMosaic.
• Researching and contributing materials to LifeMosaic’s website.
• Supporting distribution of LifeMosaic’s resources by researching relevant networks, organisations, events and opportunities,
• Supporting distribution to indigenous universities and other educational settings; local, national and international policy events screenings; on and off-line launches and promotion; scattergun distribution of large numbers of toolkits on demand; on local and national TV; through promotion to movements and networks, community media and popular education groups.
• Contacting and building partnerships with relevant groups in Africa and/or Latin America.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with a background in social anthropology, community development, ecological & environmental sciences or sustainable development. Fluency in English and either Spanish or French is essential.
You will have the ability to work collaboratively, as well as work alone. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as the ability to communicate well from a distance. You should have an understanding of and a commitment to the vision of LifeMosaic. You will be a confident individual who has the motivation to always give their best.