LifeMosaic is hiring!
Job: Popular Education Facilitator and Trainer
LifeMosaic is looking for a facilitator and trainer of trainers on a one-year contract (possible extension), with an initial 3-month trial period. This post can be based in Jakarta, Bogor or Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This is a unique opportunity to join a small and dedicated team, working with partners across Indonesia, supporting local facilitators to strengthen their work to empower communities by using popular education resources and approaches.
LifeMosaic produces and co-ordinates the distribution of educational resources for indigenous peoples. Resources are primarily based on community testimonies; they present issues relevant to communities in an accessible and engaging way; and support indigenous peoples right to free, prior and informed consent. LifeMosaic facilitates partner-led dissemination across wide networks to reach thousands of communities. We train practitioners and partners to use our resources in their movement-building work. These build their capacity to facilitate communities to raise their critical awareness, and organise to protect their lands, cultures and forests.
The work will include:
Developing and facilitating a large-scale training and national grass-roots dissemination programme for LifeMosaic’s forthcoming video toolkit on land rights.
Continuing LifeMosaic’s dissemination of films for empowerment for indigenous peoples, including films on industrial tree plantations (HTI), climate change, oil palm and others.
Working closely with organisations and networks working on indigenous peoples rights and popular education across Indonesia.
Participating in and facilitating key dissemination opportunities at community, district, provincial and national levels.
Organising launches of films and other materials.
Evaluating impacts of dissemination.
Training and mentoring organisations on popular education approaches, including the use of LifeMosaic’s resources.
Growing LifeMosaic’s online and social media presence in Indonesia.
Essential experience and skills:
• Excellent facilitation skills.
• Excellent training of trainer skills.
• A high level of integrity, motivation and loyalty.
• Highly organised.
• Good knowledge of issues and networks relating to indigenous peoples rights, land rights, and forests (5 years experience desirable).
• Proven commitment to indigenous peoples rights.
• Commitment to LifeMosaic's work and values.
• Extensive grass roots experience.
• Ability to work from grass roots to national.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia.
• Able to travel frequently within Indonesia.
• Resourceful and able to work independently.
• Education: Minimum undergraduate degree (S1) in relevant degree.
• Excellent computer and social networking skills.
• Ability to work with a long-distance team.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English would be a strong advantage.
• Experience using tools such as community radio, film or other media for community organising.