Langrabbing is bad, it must be stopped
It has been reported in the media that the government has repossessed a total of 8,000 hectares of land that had been taken away from subsistence farmers in Simanjiro District by some leaders.
The land has been handed back to its original owners after intervention by the Secretary General of CCM, Mr Abdulrahman Kinana, who visited the area at the weekend and met the affected farmers who demanded their land back.
It is incredible that respectable leaders, including those in CCM and the government, should collude with village leaders to usurp land from poor subsistence peasants in the rural drought-prone district.
Read this article in full in DailyNews
The Territories of Life toolkit is a series of 10 short videos that share stories of resistance, resilience and hope with communities on the front-line of the global rush for land. These videos, available in English, Spanish, French, Indonesian and Swalhili and are currently being disseminated widely by community facilitators.
- LifeMosaic Resources
- Self Determined Development
- Indigenous Education
- Life Plan
- Leadership and Governance
- Community Organising
- Forests and Climate Change
- Land Rights
- Women's Rights and Organising
- Livelihoods and Culture
- Indigenous Languages
- Mining and Oil
- Popular Education
- LifeMosaic Launches Indigenous Education Toolkit
- LifeMosaic is hiring
- 35,000 Ugandans left homeless as private firms share Kiryandongo land
- Hiring a Fundraising and Finance Coordinator
- LifeMosaic is Hiring in UK