As climate talks belch hot air, activists are putting their lives on the line
How is it that in a year stuffed with conferences on environment and human development, from climate talks in Paris and on new development goals in New York, those actually trying to save the environment are at best dismissed as enemies of progress, and at worst are being killed at an increasing rate and with almost complete impunity?
Instead of ignoring activists’ existence, or worse having them tried as terrorists, governments should be monitoring and protecting them, as if their own lives depended on it.
Read full article on: theguardian.com
The Territories of Life toolkit is a series of 10 short videos that share stories of resistance, resilience and hope with communities on the front-line of the global rush for land. These videos, available in English, Spanish, French, Indonesian and Swalhili and are currently being disseminated widely by community facilitators.
- LifeMosaic Resources
- Self Determined Development
- Indigenous Education
- Life Plan
- Leadership and Governance
- Community Organising
- Forests and Climate Change
- Land Rights
- Women's Rights and Organising
- Livelihoods and Culture
- Indigenous Languages
- Mining and Oil
- Popular Education
- LifeMosaic Launches Indigenous Education Toolkit
- LifeMosaic is hiring
- 35,000 Ugandans left homeless as private firms share Kiryandongo land
- Hiring a Fundraising and Finance Coordinator
- LifeMosaic is Hiring in UK