Rainforest Action Network launches a tool uncovering bank financing of forest destruction
7th Sep 2016 | Categories:
Explore the website here http://forestsandfinance.org/
Our friends at RAN have launched a tool for both activists and financial, business, CSR and environmental professionals to see what the biggest banks are really funding.
'Banks may offer to save trees by emailing you your bank statement, but their loans to palm oil, pulp and paper, timber and rubber companies are anything but green. Worse still, many banks and investors with sustainable investment policies are still funding ‘forest-risk’ companies.
The website aims to highlight the role that finance plays in enabling tropical deforestation. It is the result of extensive research and investigations by a coalition of campaign and research organisations including Rainforest Action Network, TuK INDONESIA, and Profundo. Collectively, these organisations and their allies seek to achieve improved financial sector policies and systems that prevent financial institutions from supporting the kind of environmental and social abuses that are all too common in the operations of their forest-risk sector clients. For more information on this project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcribe_404: [category_8]
- Transcribe_404: [category_13]
- Transcribe_404: [category_14]
- Transcribe_404: [category_12]
- Transcribe_404: [category_1]
- Transcribe_404: [category_15]
- Transcribe_404: [category_3]
- Transcribe_404: [category_16]
- Transcribe_404: [category_2]
- Transcribe_404: [category_4]
- Transcribe_404: [category_5]
- Transcribe_404: [category_6]
- Transcribe_404: [category_17]
- Transcribe_404: [category_7]