LifeMosaic is hiring in Indonesia
LifeMosaic is looking for a Programme Officer to support indigenous movements in Indonesia. This is a one-year contract (with possible extension) with an initial 3-month trial period. This post will be based in Jakarta or Bogor. This is a unique opportunity to join a small and dedicated team, working with partners across Indonesia, supporting local communities, partners, and facilitators to empower indigenous communities by using critical education resources and approaches rooted in culture, nature and movement-building.
The role will include:
- Carrying out consultations, planning, budgeting and logistics for trainings, workshops, skillshares, educational resources launches and other events.
- Facilitating workshops and trainings with indigenous youth, communities, and partner organisations using popular education approaches.
- Keeping accurate records of all activities, developing reports and monitoring and evaluating activities.
- Supporting, mentoring and training LifeMosaic’s local partner organisations in strategic planning, shared activities and monitoring and evaluation.
- Supporting, mentoring and training LifeMosaic’s partner communities in their visioning and community-led development.
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with LifeMosaic’s partners and networks across Indonesia and beyond.
- Planning and carrying out strategic dissemination of LifeMosaic’s videos and other resources from the grassroots and nationally.
- Supporting the production of new resources for community empowerment through research, consultation and logistical planning with partners and other relevant actors.
- Participating in and facilitating key opportunities at district, provincial and national levels.
- Supporting the development of funding applications and reporting.
Essential experience and skills
- Excellent facilitation and training of trainer skills.
- Good knowledge of issues and networks relating to indigenous peoples’ rights, land rights, and forests (minimum 4 years of experience desirable).
- Extensive grassroots experience and ability to work from grassroots to national.
- Highly organised and capable of carryout complex logistics.
- A high level of honesty and the ability to develop and manage budgets.
- A commitment to LifeMosaic's work and values.
- Ability to travel frequently within Indonesia and potentially occasionally outside Indonesia.
- Resourceful and able to work independently. Ability to work with a long-distance team.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English would be a strong advantage.
- Education: Minimum undergraduate degree (S1) in relevant degree.
Download the application form here.
Deadline for applications – 16 August 2021. Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date – 23 August 2021.
LifeMosaic supports communities and movements to protect their rights, commons and cultures and to vision and determine their own futures. We work with indigenous peoples in South-East Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Toolkits for Empowerment: We produce and disseminate videos, manuals, and other tools to support local organisers to build their capacity; empower communities to make informed decisions about their futures; and campaign effectively to defend their rights and shape their destinies.
Next Generation Leadership: We create and deliver trainings for youth, focused on awakening their calling to defend their territories and providing them with the skills to facilitate movement building in their own communities and based on their own cultures.
Self-determined development: We promote, share and pilot approaches for communities to vision, plan and determine their futures.
Indigenous Education: We support the propagation of education that is developed in indigenous territories; rooted in the knowledge systems and practices of the ancestors; and that helps communities address the challenges of today.
We support the propagation of education that is developed in indigenous territories; rooted in the knowledge systems and practices of the ancestors; and helping communities address the challenges of today.
We help create unique trainings for indigenous youth, focused on awakening their calling to defend their territories and providing them with the skills to facilitate participatory processes grounded in their own cultures.
Helping indigenous communities build their capacity to protect their cultures, knowledge and territories and to determine their own futures
We produce and disseminate videos, manuals, and other tools to build the capacity of local organisers; and empower communities to make informed decisions about their futures and campaign effectively to defend their rights and shape their destinies.